Thursday, December 3, 2009

ICT training & my experiences

When I heard about a training for me, I felt very bad, since my life after joining this government service was nearly ruined by off time trainings with no definite aim behind it. All the trainings I attended from 2002 to today were fed with much nonsense.
Most of them clearly shows that they don’t have anything ‘resource’ like thing, subject, aids and persons to held the teachers, who are already full of resource, just they needed strong motivation.
I was called at DDPI office, where I was examined by few strong questions by DyPC that
Do you know computer very well? Do you know English well? With my positive answer they started the procedure of giving me the order, with assigning another work of them, to go to the Secretariat. Anyhow, I escaped from the latter one, came to Bangalore with same dry enthusiasm.
But when I was dropped infront of a good lodge I am surprised and thought, I think I am in wrong place and this training seems too dangerous. I went in at 5 in the morning and the hotel receptionist was in so hurry to lodge me in that, he didn’t answered much questions of mine. In the great confusion I went in the ‘Royal Lodge’ I ever gone.
After few members came I felt relaxed, so that I am in right place and came to the conclusion that this might be a South Indian level conference and I have to do a lot of circus to impress them. I met two Andra Pradesh friends, and two Kerala friends. Our team guide David also joined in and I felt fresh blow of air in my life.
Just as the day started at 11 with Mr. Swamy sir with his unique style of talking to everyone and introducing himself with his team, we all teammates are quite aware of ourselves. By involving us in a small activity he tuned trainees minds to the required frequency.
Specially me, since I fed up with trainings and all those stuff (which was repeating with out sincere intention) took sometime to adjust.
As the day progressed, we were supplied with wonderful things, physical, mental, idealogical, spiritual and much more.
We were given the basic computer classes, which helped most of the participants, who didn’t know computer basics. At the afternoon sessions, we are taken to the most memorable places. In those 12 days I went to Orphanages, Blind Schools, Disabled Schools, Educational Trip, Museums, Temples, Offices, Techno vision and what not?
Really, the training was up to the mark. I wondered by the way of binding us with the work, training and moral duty was brilliantly done by our master Mr. Swamy.
He made us feel great by bringing all his talent and took the most valuable first class of everyday. We were fed with all sorts of answers and ideas and after Sir class we feel true citizens of our country. Everyone was mesmerized! Most of Governament School teachers, NGO representatives felt so lively and happy I never saw in my 7 years of teaching experience.
We were taught by very special guests and it was a great excitement to receive those persons everyday. We met our Educational Dept officer, Infosys madam, Samarthanam Founders, Disabled tutors, Communicative skills experts, Doctors etc.
Regarding ICT we discussed a lot and we were given training in a well equipped conference hall with LCD projector, Laptop and internet connection.
Many learnt Basics and many went ahead to create email ids, chat profiles, saw the actual development of ICT in our country and made mind to work for it.
We spent 12 valuable days with our ‘great guide’ Mr Swamy sir, who gave us royal accommodation, Laptops and great care!!
We were given assignments, which stirred our knowledge, imagination and motivation. Many times we submitted online, by mailing it to our master at 4 am. And he replied at 5 am!!!
Many times we are trained under different circumstances. Morning we were technocrats!! And evening spending time with disabled talented students. So wonderful to dream like this, but it was made real by Mr. Swamy sir.
So after the wonderful days, I kept on contacting our ICT trainees and discussing about the future work. Many did lots of work to go further. We contacted our local Computer Aided Learning Centres and took the practical position.
So, we are awaiting our next sitting in the near days, to boost ourselves for the wonderful future!!!
Great Thanks to P.K.M Swamy, SAMARTHANAM and SSA
To see the 'great motivator' in action visit the blog

1 comment: